Mercy Senior Care
Founded in 1979, Mercy Senior Care has been sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy and Saint Joseph’s Health System since 1989. The mission to care for aging residents of northwest Georgia has been nurtured by a compassionate, competent staff, an active board of directors and a dedicated group of volunteers.
Mercy Senior Care is committed to responding to the unmet needs of older persons living in the Rome, Georgia community and is the only program of its kind in Northwest Georgia. We offer health services, employment opportunities and supportive services to senior citizens and those who care for them in an effort to enhance quality of life and assist in the maintenance of independent life styles. Programs include:
- Adult Day Health - a comprehensive, community-based program designed to promote the dignity and independence of its clients, while providing health and support services to these persons and their families. Transportation, meals, nursing services, therapeutic activities, social services and socialization are some of the program benefits.
- Senior Employment Program - helps low income persons 55 and older to gain new skills training and job placement support.
- On-The-Job Training Program - designed to assist unemployed persons aged 50 and older who have encountered barriers to employment. Workers are placed in public or private sector jobs and the employer is reimbursed for a portion of the worker’s training.
- Caregiver Support Program - monthly support groups hosted by Mercy Senior Care allow caregivers time to discuss concerns, share ideas and resources and experience renewal of spirit.
- Grands Who Care Program - support services for grandparents who are raising their grandchildren. Twice monthly support groups, individual case management, health management, counseling, home visits, referrals, transportation and advocacy all contribute to comfort, competence and confidence in the unanticipated role of becoming parents to their grandchildren.
Location and Directions
Mercy Senior Care
300 Chatillon Road
Rome, GA 30161
Phone: (706) 291-8496
P.O. Box 866
Rome, GA 30162
For more information, including services, service hours and fees, please call (706) 291-8496.